6250 always restarting itself from sleep mode — TomTom Community

6250 always restarting itself from sleep mode

Hi, I have a go professional 6250, I have a problem with it. When I put it to sleep mode, or just press the power button for a sec to turn off the screen, after ~1 minute the device reboots, so its not even wake up from sleep, i see the loading bar, the welcome sound, the tomtom picture ... I tried forgetting my saved wifi network, the same. Tried reseting to factory default mode, didnt help. When i turn it off completly it stays shut down btw. Every update is up to date. Is it a software bug, or my device is faulty? Thanks !

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,608 Moderator
    Hi @maxgraham

I would advise you to do the recovery mode on your GO 6250 device by following the steps in the video below:

Thanks, lampard
  • maxgrahammaxgraham Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @maxgraham

I would advise you to do the recovery mode on your GO 6250 device by following the steps in the video below:

Thanks, lampard

There is only one button on the device, so recovery is impossible.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    Hi @maxgraham

The button referred to in the video that you need to tap 3 times is the ON/Off button. The timing of the 3 Taps is the tricky bit and you may well need to do it more than once to get the timing right.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,079
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @maxgraham
    Welcome to the site....
    maxgraham wrote: »
    There is only one button on the device, so recovery is impossible
    You only need one button... 'The Power Button'....
    The device in the video as an example is just a different model to your Tomtom....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • maxgrahammaxgraham Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @maxgraham
    Welcome to the site....
    maxgraham wrote: »
    There is only one button on the device, so recovery is impossible
    You only need one button... 'The Power Button'....
    The device in the video as an example is just a different model to your Tomtom....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Thanks, the "use volume button" confused me. Anyway, I did this recovery, tried on the "stock" version, it restarted again. Then I had a software update, downloaded and installed, it is still restarting itself :/ Now I guess the device is faulty, or i have no other idea what causes this...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    Hi @maxgraham

Just in case if you try it in another vehicle does it do the same. Just to test there isn't something happening in the vehicle you usually use.

Doug