Rider 500 fails connection with Huawei P30 pro — TomTom Community

Rider 500 fails connection with Huawei P30 pro

EJvDulEJvDul Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited December 2020 in RIDER
mij rider 500 and p30 pro fail to make a stable bt connection. after the first time it says the divice is out of range, wich it isnt and does not connect..
how come and what to do??
tnx

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 726 [Revered Pioneer]
    Try to reboot your phone and start the MyDrive App.

If that doesn’t work;
    • Remove MyDrive App on your Phone.
    • Remove BT pairing with your Rider on your Phone.
    • Remove BT pairing with your Phone on your Rider.
    • Clear the hidden cache partition of your phone. (Google for procedure)
    • Drum reset your Rider.
    • Install MyDrive App
    • And pair again.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 153 [Revered Navigator]
    edited December 2020
    Guys,
    It occurs to add that the frequency band used by Bluetooth is rammed with other uses, the big one being microwave ovens then other remote control systems including bike alarm fobs. I quite often get a "Headset Connected" as I ride and its usually in the same places. Could it be localised interference?

A problem of a connection failure could be resolved by trying somewhere else, perhaps just 100 metres up the road. Not saying it'll solve this one but maybe worth a try.

My worse issue was getting going after doing the Le Mans car museum. Just could not deactivate my bike alarm until I got pushed a mile or so down the road. Think the alarm receiver was saturated. There was an airfield just over the fence from the track. UHF radios/Radar anyone?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,056
    Superusers
    Hi
    @TigerRider
    A friend of mine had a similar problem in a pub car park.... He could not deactivate his car alarm/immobilizer, we had been trying for a while to deactivate his car alarm we managed to open the doors but the engine was immobilized
    One of the staff from the pub said push the car to the other side of the car park and try again, it worked the car started OK... He said they had this happen before... We had parked near the hatch to the beer cellar the electronics in the cellar was interfering with the car alarm....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM