My Rider 550 is showing a full white screen after SW-update, now what ? — TomTom Community

My Rider 550 is showing a full white screen after SW-update, now what ?

kbaetenskbaetens Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 11 in RIDER
I've just upgraded my Tomtom Rider 550 to the latest version that was pushed recently. After restarting, the device only shows a completely white screen.
What do I do now ?

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 634 [Revered Pioneer]
    First try a drum reset.

If this doesn’t work try the recovery mode (with MyDrive Connect)

• kbaetenskbaetens Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    After a lot of issues, I managed to get it working again.
    But the white screen after startup is still there; to get around this, it appears I need to push the power button again (4 times, 2 times 'off', 2 times 'on') to get the normal screen again. Is this a bug in the new SW maybe ?
    The update works in my Rider 550.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,447
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @kbaetens
    Welcome to the site....
    Is the device stuffed full of Maps ??? Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Free space... 400 MB is considered the bare Minimum... The more Free Space available the faster the device will run....

Have you a Micro SDHC Memory Card installed ??? Try removing the Memory card... See it the device will now Start-up correctly.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Checked that already; more than 11 GB available (internal memory). No memory card installed.
    Looks like the 'splash screen' at start-up is not functioning correctly (all white). For the rest now working correctly but would like to see it working perfectly again.
    edited November 2020
    Normally recovery mode (with MyDrive Connect) will fix this problem.

You can also try a Factory reset first.
    Tried all of the above; none of these fixed the problem. The device is fully working. The only thing is that, after startup, the screen is still completely white and I have to play around a bit with the power button to get the normal map screen again. Quite annoying and would love to get rid of it. Any other ideas appreciated. As said, it only starting doing this after the SW-upgrade to the latest version.
    @VikramK can you see anything in the backend that can explain @kbaetens problem?

And can you check if its posible to redistibute the latest update to his device.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    @RoadRider
    Asked my team to review the logs but could not find any issues from our side.

@kbaetens
    Our 2nd Line team has pushed a scrip that will repair the installed Navkit(firmware). Please connect the device to MyDrive Connect and let the jobs process.
    The device might reboot during this time.

Thank you, Vikram