Start 60 stuck at "Updating"
I am having a long term problem which is driving me crazy..
So i have a TomTom Start 60 (2013) Model. Couple of years ago i tried to update it's maps on my PC and this is how my dilemma started..
The update somehow damaged my maps (installed on SD Card) so i tried to reinstall the maps with no luck.
Then i tried to put the device into recovery mode then install the maps again and that didn't help either.
I thought maybe installing MyDriveConnect on My MacBook will solve the problem but i was wrong.. the same problem is still there..
Then I thought to remove this device from my account and then adding it again might solve it.. again i was proven wrong and now i can't add the device to my devices.
When i connect my device it is recognized and shows "Updating". MyDriveConnect suggests that i add this device to my devices and that's what i do so MyDriveConnect spins that it's busy adding the device.. i wait days and nothing happens. Sometimes MyDriveConnect crashes and i have to do the process all over again. Some other times (not with the latest update) i used to see a message that i'm not connected to the internet which is not the case.
I tried to contact TomTom Support but they told me to try the update process on some other internet connection which i did but did not help.
p.s: I tried to deactivate my Firewall and Anti-Virus software and that again did not help...