Again no updates — TomTom Community

Again no updates

eddydceddydc Posts: 109 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Hi,
As mentioned in a previous post (https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1129153/No-more-map-updates-for-Android-app), there also no map updates for the Android app.
Why does this happen so much?
Cheers,
Eddy

Comments

  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,210 Moderator
    Hi Eddy,

    The updates are probably delayed since I didn't get them as well. I'll check with the team.

    Thanks, lampard
  • grantstewgrantstew Posts: 81
    Staff
    The quarterly update is coming in the next few days, so the weekly updates are a bit delayed. Sorry guys
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 109 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    When will this quarterly update will be available? The update of last week was rather small and couldn't be a full quarterly update
  • dezmodezmo Posts: 34 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    grantstew wrote: »
    The quarterly update is coming in the next few days, so the weekly updates are a bit delayed. Sorry guys

    Sorry @grantstew, but I would like to inform you about the fact in the description you advertised: (Quote from the Play Store )
    "- Weekly Map Updates: Helping you steer clear of blocked roads and stay within speed limits, even when you are offline."

    In fact, we shouldn’t care what you do on a quarterly basis. You must update the maps every week, without any other conditions. That's it.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,184 [Revered Voyager]
    edited November 2020
    dezmo wrote: »
    You must update the maps every week, without any other conditions. That's it.
    I received NDS map updates last week on Thursday, so just three days later than is customary and no fault no foul. I already see newer updates to just my USA maps again today.

  • eddydceddydc Posts: 109 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Yet again, no weekly update yesterday and the question concerning the quarterly update remains unanswered
  • dezmodezmo Posts: 34 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited December 2020
    tgold wrote: »
    I received NDS map updates last week on Thursday, so just three days later than is customary and no fault no foul. I already see newer updates to just my USA maps again today.
    That's okay. But this is not the first case of delay. And this is a matter of principle.

    The point is, they don’t have to explain, they just have to send the maps weekly. In time.

    Or remove the false advertisement and indemnify users who have decided to subscribe based on it.

    Personally I don't really mind a little delay, but I don’t like it if someone doesn’t keep her/his promise.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,100
    Community Manager
    I'm now offered map updates which will re-enable weekly map updates as well.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 109 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I got a large update yesterday evening. I guess that this was the quarterly update. I hope that the lagging data is up to date this time.
  • bastlebastle Posts: 48 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I also recieved the quarterly update but it is a step backwards.
    A weekly update from the map before delivered some speed limits for my street, but no they are away with new quarterly update.
    Do the weekly updates next week bring they back or whats happening here @Jürgen ?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,100
    Community Manager
    bastle wrote: »
    I also recieved the quarterly update but it is a step backwards.
    A weekly update from the map before delivered some speed limits for my street, but no they are away with new quarterly update.
    Do the weekly updates next week bring they back or whats happening here @Jürgen ?
    @bastle Can you give me examples so that I can address this? This should of course not happen.
  • bastlebastle Posts: 48 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @Jürgen
    I have send you just a pm with detailed description of examples.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 109 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Yet another week without a weekly update. This is becoming a bad habit.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,184 [Revered Voyager]
    Was there a week when there was no weekly update?
    eddydc wrote: »
    Yet another week without a weekly update. This is becoming a bad habit.
    Which week did you have in mind? Last week (December 6 through 12) all my maps were updated. And this week (December 13 through 19) again all of my USA and European maps have already received updates less than half way through the week.

  • eddydceddydc Posts: 109 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    It used to be on Monday, but apparently that doesn't seem to be far from certain anymore
  • Marek_MkZMarek_MkZ Posts: 35 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I'm not very "long time" user but currently it seems that updates appear on Tuesdays.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,184 [Revered Voyager]
    eddydc wrote: »
    It used to be on Monday, but apparently that doesn't seem to be far from certain anymore
    Maybe, but hardly "Yet another week without a weekly update."

  • Cjuk81Cjuk81 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited January 17
    I laugh at the updates in TomTom go now, there's a roundabout near me which still isn't on the map, nor the new roads for the easte that's there. I've reported it, but so far it's not been added. It's in Amigo though and has been for a long time. Makes me wonder what else isnt in the maps.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0