Screen Locks up after calculating the route — TomTom Community

Screen Locks up after calculating the route

am62am62 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
TomTom app had been working fine until it was time for me to renew my subscription last week. After spending several hours downloading the required upgrades, TomTom screen just froze. I reset my device and it started working again. However, now every time I search for a destination, the screen will freeze after the route is calculated and will not work again until after I cycle power on the device.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    Hi
    @am62
    Welcome to the site....
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,184 [Revered Voyager]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???
    What device did you have in mind?

• am62am62 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your input, However, my android divice is fixed mount screen in my car. It does not have a power button. The device reboots every time I restart the car. So, unfortunately, it is still not working.