Purchased a second-hand GO5000, but cannot get it to update my existing features from 'My Drive'. — TomTom Community

Purchased a second-hand GO5000, but cannot get it to update my existing features from 'My Drive'.

According to what I read, should be able to transfer my existing features to second-hand unit? For example, I have lifetime map and speed camera updates. However, after adding to 'My Drive' account, it not updating second-hand unit with my existing feature that I purchased. In addition, the voice control is not working. Says not available for installed voice, yet it the same default voice on my original GO5000. Is this a faulty unit or am I doing something wrong?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,702
    Superuser
    Hi @Andy_Speed_100

Map, Traffic and Camera Subscriptions/Lifetime updates are tied to the serial number of the unit they were bought for or supplied with. So for example if you have bought a Map for a unit you cannot transfer that map to another unit.

For Voice control to work you need to have a Computerised voice and the same language setting.

Doug
  • Andy_Speed_100Andy_Speed_100 Posts: 6 [New Seeker]
    Not really what I expected. So why does My Drive let you add up to 10 devices to account? And I'm sure I read somewhere while researching, said you can transfer subscription between devices?

As for voices, my first GO5000 came with computerised voice as standard by default. So I don't understand why this one did not. Surely, all GO5000 should have exactly same features. After all, that is the whole point of having model numbers. To identify different features for different models.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @Andy_Speed_100
    Doug is correct you cannot transfer Map, Traffic and Camera Subscriptions/Lifetime updates between devices... They are locked to the individual devices unique Serial Number....
    Only Tomtom Staff can allocate Commuter voice/s for you to install....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and allocate the UK Serena and/or Malcolm Computer voice to your Tomtom Account.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,581 Moderator
    Hi @Andy_Speed_100

Computer voice Serena has been activated for your TomTom. It should be offered as a download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram