Report a speed camera option not showing on Go Premium — TomTom Community

Report a speed camera option not showing on Go Premium

Hi,

I recently upgraded from a Tom Tom Go 6200 to a Go Premium with Lifetime Speed Camera updates and bought the new unit direct from Tom Tom (it was sent from The Netherlands). However, I don’t see the “Report a speed camera” symbol on the lower part of the navigation screen nor do I have the menu option. Also, although "About" shows I have Speed Camera Updates “Activated”, when I click on it it says “TomTom services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later".

Well I have had the device about a month now but the service still does not work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know how to fix it?

My old Go 6200 works perfectly so not sure why the new Go Premium does not.

I have already performed a device reset already but no difference. I have also tried getting it to connect with Tom Tom Services through my smartphone and via USB but still no go. When on GPRS that does not work either.

Tried contacting Tom Tom but the chat bot is worse than useless and there is no way to contact Tom Tom by phone.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Adrian

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,986
    Superusers
    edited November 22
    Hi
    @welshtraveller
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK , @lampard or @Jim07 the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • welshtravellerwelshtraveller Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi YamFazMan,

Thanks for the reply, not sure how Coronavirus affects the activation of my navigation device! The Go Premium shows it is "Activated" but when you click on the item it says Tom Tom Services currently unavailable - and have been for about a month now.

Interestingly, I just checked my old Go 6200 and that tells me "the device will receive updates automatically" so Tom Tom Services are definitely working otherwise I would see the same error on the Go 6200. Looks like it is more an issue with the device itself??

Thanks.

Adrian
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,578
    Superuser
    Hi @welshtraveller

@YamFazMan's suggestion to get the mods to check the units settings on the TT servers will be useful as if it is okay they can also suggest what you could do to try and sort the unit out.

They may suggest doing a Factory Reset and so it would be useful if you could check in the meantime if any My Places etc you have saved on the unit are stored in your account by going to the Tomtom My Drive Website and logging into your account to check they are listed there. If they are then when you do a Factory Reset they will be restored to the unit when it logs into your My Drive Account.

If the unit is set up on the TT servers correctly they may ask you to contact Customer Support via chat so they can check the inbuilt sim on the unit. Here is some useful info on contacting CS.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1733105/#Comment_1733105

Doug
  • welshtravellerwelshtraveller Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already performed a factory reset and can confirm the device does log into the MyDrive account successfully as it receives a new planned route I made earlier. The factory reset did not make any difference as I still cannot get the option to report speed cameras.

I think you are right that it must have something to do with the SIM card. I looked at your link to the other discussion but the only online chat I could find is an automated bot rather than a real person.

Do you know how to contact a real person via their online chat? I note the phone lines have been suspended due to COVID.

Thanks very much.

Adrian
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,578
    Superuser
    edited November 22
    Hi @welshtraveller

If you precisely follow the link below which was in @YamFazMan 's post, including the logging in mentioned and it is during office hours ,you should get through. It can be busy and so you may have to try a few time to get a connection. It has worked for others.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

You can also Tap Support at the top of this page
    Tap Sign In top Right and log in (You must do this)
    Tap Contact Us
    The Hello box appears and the "Get in Touch ' then appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You then get option to Email or Chat. It will say if Chat is not. available if it is out of hours.

I have just tried it.

Doug