TomTom Go5000 voice Jane — TomTom Community

TomTom Go5000 voice Jane

I have selected the free voice: Jane. I have no download link to install it on my TomTom. Advise please!

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,993
    Superusers
    edited November 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Kirsty20
    Welcome to the site....
    The standard Voices are preinstalled on the GO 5000 (Unless you have deleted them to make room for Something like Maps)

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voices --> Choose a voice... Select 'Jane'
    If Jane is not available... Tap the 'All Voices' button screen bottom right.... Scroll up & down the list, some voices are listed above the selected voice....
    Tap the ( ^ ) button screen top right to exit...

Note... Jane is a recorded Voice... The TTS (Text to speech) Computer Voice like Serena and have a far greater vocabulary range than the recorded voice....

I use the Computer Voice 'Serena' Voice

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

Superusers
    edited November 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Kirsty20
    Welcome to the site....
    The standard Voices are preinstalled on the GO 5000 (Unless you have deleted them to make room for Something like Maps)

If Jane is not available... Tap the 'All Voices' button screen bottom right.... Scroll up & down the list, some voices are listed above the selected voice....

Note... Jane is a recorded Voice... The TTS (Text to speech) Computer Voice like Serena and have a far greater vocabulary range than the recorded voice....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Kirsty20Kirsty20 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Kirsty20
    Welcome to the site....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Hi YamFazMan
    Thank you for your prompt reply and welcoming message.
    I did delete almost all the voices earlier to make space for maps (and ordered a new device too. :) ) but would like to have a female voice back - my silliness. lol
    I did select 'Jane' on the free voices, but didn't get any download link from the SATNAV. Really not great if you don't get it and it keeps on throwing me back to this page for 'help'.
    With the 4dots- no other voices are coming up, other than the ones I kept. I have thought that there were some default voices too.
    Thanks for your support.
    Kirsty
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Kirsty20
    With MyDrive Connect running & GO 5000 connected....
    On the Main MyDrive Connect Screen... Click on My Content.....
    Scroll to the bottom of the page.....
    My Voices... Select... 'Add voices to your device'
    Select voice --> Install....

Sty Safe... ATB YFM