Amigo looses GPS signal when connecting USB data cable to the car — TomTom Community

Amigo looses GPS signal when connecting USB data cable to the car

fdjsuurmondfdjsuurmond Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
It concerns a android 10 device Sony Xpreia 5II, with Amigo is 7.3670 (7693). When the USB cable is plugged into the car, Amigi is losing the GPSsignal . With Bluetooth only and no USB cable it works fine (Amigo is connected to the GPS). Tried to change the permission to "all the time", but only have the option "only while using the app" or "refuse". Could you please help?
For your info, on my old device with Android 8 it worked perfectly. I've also tried it when connecting the device to a PC with a USB cable, and then it also looses the GPS signal. So it seems it is not possible to have a data connection running via USB.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,571 Moderator
    Hi @fdjsuurmond

I doubt is the problem could be specific to the app. Sounds more like a phone issue.
    Have you observed this only while using the TomTom AmiGO? I would want you to test and see if any other apps(which use GPS) continue to get the signal when the phone is connected via the USB cable?

Regards, Vikram