What is the latest version of maps for Smart Media? — TomTom Community

What is the latest version of maps for Smart Media?

LittleLostGirlLittleLostGirl Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
Additionally, I have downloaded the software, only for nothing to happen when the SD card is inserted. Can I do it in reverse and connect the laptop to the car via the USB?

If not, does anyone know how to get around the issue of the SD card not showing up on my computer?

Thank you!

Answers

• rotproof1rotproof1 Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Latest map for smart is 10.55
    dy7lo5xv1zbf.png

And no - you can't connect laptop to the usb :)

You need to download "Smart Media Connect"

• LittleLostGirlLittleLostGirl Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    I have Smart Media Connect. Just asks me to connect to my device. Quite literally nothing happens.
  • rotproof1rotproof1 Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have Smart Media Connect. Just asks me to connect to my device. Quite literally nothing happens.

If your SD Card has map on it and it works in the car - you may be doing something wrong, it works ok, I have 2 smarts with same navigation - no issues.

If you try to insert blank SD Card into car and then to the laptop - it won't work (it needs special files to be present on SD Card TOMTOM.000 - TOMTOM.0xx) as they actually contain filesystem that TomTom recognizes
  • LittleLostGirlLittleLostGirl Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    I didn’t know I could be so badly patronised online?! Thanks for letting me know that nothing will happen with a blank SD card!!!
    I’m actually referring to my SmartMedia SD card. Nothing shows on my laptop. I’m not doing it wrong, but thanks so very much for literally no help at all :)