Update maps on Start 20 — TomTom Community

Update maps on Start 20

I tried to update my tomtom, but it is frozen and just says there is a corrupted map, but I can't delete it, or replace it, and as I have lifetime maps I am less than happy. My tomtom is model 4EN42. And I have the IT skills at the same level as my cat. I don't think there is enough memory, but having found a slot for memory card, can't find one for sale. Is this Tomtom telling me to stop driving?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,991
    Superusers
    Hi
    @JennyC
    Welcome to the site....
    Do you know the 1st two characters of the Devices Serial Number ???
    Don't post the full serial number only the 1st two characters

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • JennyCJennyC Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    AY
  • altimecaltimec Posts: 1 [New Seeker]

I have a TOMTOM with lifetime map but my subscription says 'expired' and I can no longer download map updates. How to contact TOMTOM on this subject? Best regards
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    Hi @altimec

Hopefully @lampard will pick this up and adjust the TT servers settings for your device and then you will get the updates. Look back here later to see what he says.

It may not be until Monday now but keep an eye out .

Doug
    Superusers
    edited November 20
    Hi Again....
    @JennyC
    "AY">Start 20, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    Edit... I've just checked... The NAV3 Full Europe Map is only 4.621 GB and will easily fit onto the 8 GB memory of the Start 20

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    would that allow me to delete the corrupted map on my tomtom?
    Superusers
    edited November 20
    Hi
    @JennyC
    I've edited my previous post...
    The NAV3 Full Europe Map is only 4.621 GB and will easily fit onto the 8GB memory of the Start 20....

Are there any Error Messages displayed....
    On MyDrive Connect or the Start20....

Tomtom Video....

ATB YFM
    when I look at my device online it says that there is 2664MB free, and above the map for western europe it says corrupted, and 'There is a problem with this map on your Device', all other (repair and uninstall) options are greyed out, so I can't do anything. It says that the corrupted map is 3648MB version v10.55
    Superusers
    edited November 20
    Hi
    @JennyC
    You could try clearing the MyDrive Connect Cache as suggested in the Video....

See... @Vikrams post (Moderator).... TomTom- No Maps Found
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found
    ATB... YFM
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 242 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited November 23
    Hello Corrupted card it must be deleted double click on the card and you must be offered to delete or uninstall it.

Mod edit: Machine translated (French)
    hi there, I am still not able to fix my tomtom. I did manage to get a small map partially installed, but before it finished it crashed, leaving me with only 1606 mb free. I have tried to take my drive connect off computer and re-install, I think I have cleared the cache. I am completely stumped. Everything is greyed out on my account. All I can do is switch it on, get drum beat, sometimes battery symbols, sometimes gear, then black....
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    Hi @JennyC

Maybe @VikramK can suggest something that can be doe to sort out the corrupt map after he sees what you have posted about what you are seeing on the device.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,571 Moderator
    Hi @JennyC

Welcome to the community! My team has done some changes in the backend. I would suggest that you try the troubleshooting advice in this article-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013959859

It is important you use a wired, fast, and stable internet connection which is not blocked by security software.

Regards, Vikram
    thank you for the help, butI still can't update, but I do have loads of room now! 6664 MB free. But I just get message to connect my device, when it is connected. Right now it is showing a picture of clockwork gears. But on My Drive Connect it still says the map on my device is corrupted, and taking up 3744 MB of space, and I am not connected, when it is plugged in...and I can't delete the corrupted map, and can't download a smaller map.