Speed Camera's on my Mazda NB1 — TomTom Community

Speed Camera's on my Mazda NB1

IanBondIanBond Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited November 24 in Built in car navigation
I have just taken up discount offer of Speed Camera Updates on my Mazda NB1 device, is this update done remotely ( automatically) or do I have to update my SD card in my computer ?

I have rarely managed to update via my computer, as my SD card doesn't seem to be able to be read by my computer.

Regards, Nigel L

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,571 Moderator
    @IanBond

Hi Nigel

Welcome to the community! The speed cameras get updated over the air for LIVE devices when driving on a planned route.

It looks like you have subscribed to World Speed Cameras services instead of LIVE Services. The NB1 model comes with a built-in SIM to support that enabled it to get LIVE Traffic on the go. LIVE Services package also consists of Speed Cameras services/updates.

Speed cameras can also be installed using TomTom HOME software application. See also the article troubleshooting advice regarding the SD card not recognized-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013901620

Regards, Vikram
  • IanBondIanBond Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram,

I subscribed to an online Tomtom offer for Speed Cameras, when I got an email saying my Speed Camera Alerts were deactivated, in fact they have not been working during the last 2 trips I have done, i do have them switched "On", but no response when approaching any cameras.
    If on next trip ( no local speed cameras ) no cameras register I will come back or try your tomtom help suggestion.
    Thank you for response.
    Nigel