Speed Camera's have been removed — TomTom Community

Speed Camera's have been removed

Hi All,

My speed camera subscription expired a few months ago but the speed camera were still on my device. However recently since a map update all of the speed camera's have disappeared.

I have tried a hard reset of my device but they have gone.

Surely they should not have been removed completely as I had paid for them for years. They should still be kept on my device but just not be updated anymore.

All I want is my old speed camera update back, otherwise TomTom remove them from my device to force me to pay for an update, which would be very underhanded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,992
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Polglish
    Welcome to the site....
    The Speed Cam service has recently changed the service is now a rolling subscription service..... (You can cancel the subscription at any time)
    Now, If your subscription is not active you do not receive speed cam alerts.

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PolglishPolglish Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks YamFazMan.

I understand that they have changed to a subscription service but what I am say is I paid for the service up until a few months ago. So the last update I paid for should stay on my device going forward but not be updated anymore.

If I bought a TomTom without map updates included would the maps disappear as I haven’t paid for them to be updated??? No they would just be out of date. The same should be for the speed cameras.
  • PolglishPolglish Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited November 19
    Also on MyDrive Connect it only says the following: -

"Speed Camera locations will no longer be updated on your device. To reactivate speed camera updates, you will need to renew your service."

It doesn't say that will be removed from my device, but they have been removed completely.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,992
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Polglish....

I guess the changes are in the Tomtom T&C's ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM