Watch screen blanking. — TomTom Community

Watch screen blanking.

Jason1971Jason1971 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
I am having repeated occasions where my watch screen is going blank as if it has run out of battery, despite it being fully or close to fully charged. This occurs sometimes during a run, after a run and sometimes immediately after taking it off charge. It also results in data being lost especially when it happens during a run.

When it is then connected to the charger, the battery shows as having charge, and the date/time resets back to 01/01/2010 00:00. Can this be fixed or is it time to replace?

Tagged:

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    It sounds like a firmware issue. i would try a power off reset using the steps below and see if that helps. If that does not, try a full factory reset. If that fails, it may be time to look for a new watch, TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business almost 3 years ago). There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in Sports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and it should now update as usual.