TomTom experts - need help with PRO 5150
The issue I have is a tomtom 5150 the navcore was out of date and I updated that.
When i got to the maps, it failed a number of times. I have spent now some 11 hours trying to install the new map. It usually goes to a lengthy 1hr plus screen then going round, 1%, 2% that it jumps to 100% after 3 mins and then something went wrong message
What typically happens now is as follows:
- the device is on with the old map shown
- I link to mydrive and it says 3 updates including map available
- I click - it goes to 90:30 mins and wheel
- after 4 mins it goes to 100% then to something went wrong
- the device then shows it has no map at all
- reboot device and map re-appears
- then mydrive shows device up to date and says it has the latest map
Seems to this old hand that its trying to do the update and not removing the old map first and then keeps erroring.
I have tried, removal and re-installing
removing and deleting home folder and re-install
hard resets (many)
recovery mode (this device will not enter recvery mode at all)
plugging in and out and checking USB dont power down
I am out of tricks now (and I know these units well)
Any suggestions please ? I do need to update this device to latest maps....