TomTom experts - need help with PRO 5150 — TomTom Community

TomTom experts - need help with PRO 5150

hoxhox Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited November 20 in Map installation
Hello all, background i'm a tomtom owner and dealer of truck specific devices.

The issue I have is a tomtom 5150 the navcore was out of date and I updated that.

When i got to the maps, it failed a number of times. I have spent now some 11 hours trying to install the new map. It usually goes to a lengthy 1hr plus screen then going round, 1%, 2% that it jumps to 100% after 3 mins and then something went wrong message

What typically happens now is as follows:
  • the device is on with the old map shown
  • I link to mydrive and it says 3 updates including map available
  • I click - it goes to 90:30 mins and wheel
  • after 4 mins it goes to 100% then to something went wrong
  • the device then shows it has no map at all
  • reboot device and map re-appears
  • then mydrive shows device up to date and says it has the latest map

Seems to this old hand that its trying to do the update and not removing the old map first and then keeps erroring.

I have tried, removal and re-installing
removing and deleting home folder and re-install
hard resets (many)
recovery mode (this device will not enter recvery mode at all)
plugging in and out and checking USB dont power down
I am out of tricks now (and I know these units well)

Any suggestions please ? I do need to update this device to latest maps....

Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,986
    Superusers
    edited November 18
    Hi
    @hox
    Welcome to the site....
    Maybe... The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Car Europe Map size is now 9GB + The Truck must surely be more ???

@Jim07 @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators can add a small Map to your Account to get you passed the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • hoxhox Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for a response, the map size I looked at but it says it 3.5gb and the new one is 4.8 so 8gb should be ok for that ?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    Hi @hox

Welcome to the Community! I only see that you have the Trucker 6000 device (Z4) linked to the account which you used to log in here. You can simply connect this device to a computer to update the latest EU Truck maps and the latest application (v 20.130) on it using Mdrive Connect.

About the PRO 5150 device, I would need the serial number of this device via private message and I can check the details for you.

Thanks, lampard