Can't start TomTom GO Premium — TomTom Community

Can't start TomTom GO Premium

only bought july 2019 from amazon today it just stopped screen went blck i have tried powering from mains in offfice and different cable but to no avail
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,741
    Superuser
    Hi @Davidphilipstafford

Does this happen with the cable in the back of the unit itself rather than when the unit is in its holder thus eliminating the possibility of a problem with the holder.

Doug.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,027 [Revered Pioneer]
    Maintenir le bouton marche / arrêt jusqu'à entendre le son du tamtam et que l'appareil redémarre.
    Cela peut prendre plusieurs minutes.
  • SeglerhansSeglerhans Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    mine also nothing at all even on charger cable or computer or in holder in car. I think I like my old unit better .
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,263
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Davidphilipstafford
    @Seglerhans
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM