Just Updated Software on my Go 620 and nothing happens — TomTom Community

Just Updated Software on my Go 620 and nothing happens

My Go 620 was working fine. It told me there was a software update, together with an update to speed cameras and electric car pumps. I pressed the update button, as I’d done many times before. The unit seemed to download the updates, and then I got the TomTom Home Screen loading, with the distinctive chime sound, and the screen went blank with the little circle indicating something was happening, but nothing did. The circle just kept on going round. I’ve tried pressing the on/off button for long continuous periods, but all I get is the TomTom Home Screen loading, with the distinctive chime sound, and the screen again goes blank with the little circle turning around endlessly. I left it for over an hour, and when I came back it was still circling endlessly. Any suggestions?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,993
    Superusers
    edited November 16
    Hi
    @AbelSim
    It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device.....
    Is this what's being displayed the screen ???

jm0y94yl1437.gif
    When in Recovery Mode... The device MUST be capable showing as CONNECTED over a USB Cable for the Recovery process to complete....
    Tomtom FAQ....
    Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is somewhere between bullet-point (5) & (6)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

Maybe useful....
    See...
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1715777/#Comment_1715777

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • NormanMNormanM Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for trying, but it didn’t work. You are right that the circle with the arrow is what I see on my TomTom.
    I use wifi exclusively on this TomTom, and not a computer. Is there a solution that doesn’t require a computer?
    If not, what program do I have to download on a computer so that I can do what you have asked.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,993
    Superusers
    edited November 17
    Hi
    @NormanM
    The program you need is 'MyDrive Connect'
    Here....https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect.....
    Tip....
    Do NOT have your Tomtom device connected to your PC when....

(1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    Having your device connected as above can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Stay safe... ATB YFM