Why are speed cameras now missing from my tomtom since my subscription ended.? — TomTom Community

Why are speed cameras now missing from my tomtom since my subscription ended.?

wombatpaulwombatpaul Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
This never happened on my tom tom one, they were out of date but still on my tom tom. But this new tom tom you are taking them off until i renew, ive paid for them for the last year , why are you removing them until i subscribe again, thats bang out of order. No wonder people use google.

Answers

• Jim07Jim07 Posts: 3,771 Moderator
    Hi,

Now, when your subscription is not active you do not get any speedcam alert anymore.

regards,

Jim

• wombatpaulwombatpaul Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Why not, why should that be.
    Last month i drove past two cameras that werent alerted to me. For the last two years ive had cameras on the unit and payed for it, why are you disabling it just because i dont have the latest update , thats unfair.
  • Jim07Jim07 Posts: 3,771 Moderator
    Hi,

I'm sorry you are not agree with the new system about speedcam service.

I will say it's like any services subscriptions. Same as your phone, if your subscription is active you can use it if not you cant.

Regards,

Jim
    Then its a change in policy from before then as they stayed on your unit even if old with no subscription, as youd paid for them.....Good job im not too cynical as id say this is a deliberate reason to force you to subscribe .......