XL IQ No Maps Found After Update

swantzilla
swantzilla Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited November 2020 in Devices using TomTom HOME
Plugged in my XL IQ to my computer and it said it needed an update. I performed the update and now it powers up and says No Maps Found. How can I get the old maps back?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• swantzilla
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    SOLVED: I found an old PC that I had backed up the GPS to. I did a restore from a 2014 backup and the unit came back to life. I crossed my fingers and did the upgrade again and it is operational. Thank you for the support.

Answers

• Jim07
    Jim07 Administrators Posts: 4,417
    edited November 2020
    Hello @swantzilla

I would advise you to try our "No Map found" FAQ. You can find it here.

Cheers,

Jim
  • swantzilla
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    SOLVED: I found an old PC that I had backed up the GPS to. I did a restore from a 2014 backup and the unit came back to life. I crossed my fingers and did the upgrade again and it is operational. Thank you for the support.
  • Jim07
    Jim07 Administrators Posts: 4,417
    Hey @swantzilla glad to hear you solved the issue :-)

Did the above suggestions help? If yes, please click 'Yes' to mark the comment as an answer when you get a chance so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Cheers,

Jim
  • cacciari2001
    cacciari2001 Registered Users Posts: 4
    New Seeker
    swantzilla, i have the same problem but my old pc it is damage!! if you think it is possible use your back up for found my old maps? my tomtom is a N14644
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,873
    Superuser
    Hi @cacciari2001

Maps etc are tied to the serial number of the Tomtom device it was supplied with or bought for so using someone else's backup would not work.

Doug