TomTom GO Camper not showing vehicles choice — TomTom Community

TomTom GO Camper not showing vehicles choice

superstsuperst Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Just got my new sat nav.its not showing vehicles choice.it was on there when I set it up.but cant find it now in settings help.thanks

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    edited November 11
    hi @superst

When you Tap Menu/Settings you should see an Icon Option My Vehicle. What vehicle is shown there. If say Car Tap it and change to the Type of vehicle you want.

If the above does not work could you please advise the Map version on your unit.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap About
    Scroll down to map
    Does it say Europe camper v10.55.10409

If you have downloaded one of the World Maps offered with the Camper then these are Car maps and the vehicle dimensions option would not be available. If so Go:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Current Map and change to Europe Camper Map.

Doug
  • lammerspaslammerspas Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]

[Is it possible to use the Camper Go also for my small passenger car?]
    Superuser
    edited November 11
    Hi @lammerspas

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap My Vehicle
    Tap Change Vehicle
    Select Car
    It will now route based on a Car what ever map you have selected including the Camper Maps.

Don't for get to change it back to camper or caravan when you need to.

Doug
  • superstsuperst Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug.i cant find it in settings.it was on there in the first set up.but now its gone
    Superuser
    Hi

What Map have you got selected and what maps have you got loaded on the unit. Details in About

Doug
  • superstsuperst Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi.got uk n Ireland.wondering if a reset would fix it.on the screen its showing a symbol of a car.want to change it to camper.
    Superuser
    Hi @superst

The GO Camper unit is supplied with the Camper Map specific to the region within which it was sold. IE if you bought it in Europe then it should have had the "Europe Camper" map on it. If you go to the Add a Map in Maps you can select Maps from a long list. Within that World Map list are 3 more "Camper" Maps and all the others including the UK and Ireland are Car specific maps.

You will only be able see the My Vehicle Option in Settings if you have the "Europe Camper" map selected as the Current Map in Maps. You can use the Europe Camper map when that is the selected Map to suggest Car only Routes by selecting Car in My Vehicle. The UK and Ireland map you have loaded does not offer the facility to select Car and Caravan etc as the map is not designed to route for those vehicles.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @superst

One thing you should do is ensure that you have at least 2 maps loaded on the GO Camper so as I assume you have the Europe Camper Map and the UK and Ireland Map load you should keep those as they are. When you are offered updates you should do these one at a time not tick all the map updates to be done as one job. When you do updates the first thing is that the map being updated is first deleted to provide the space for the new version. Should there be a problem during the update you can finish up losing the map you have been updating. When this occurs the other map being on the unit enables you to run the device normally and then you can go to Maps and simply reload the map.

Doug

• lammerspaslammerspas Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug
    André