Is there a problem with the latest mapping on the A1(M) at Peterborough? — TomTom Community

Is there a problem with the latest mapping on the A1(M) at Peterborough?

tonygrtonygr Posts: 53 [Renowned Trailblazer]
Having planned a route from Scunthorpe to Cockfosters using my Go Basic the indicated route diverts off the A1 at Peterborough (the junction with the A605) heads into the city, cuts across to the London Road and then re-joins the A1 at Norman Cross.
Using the MyDrive Route Planner the route stays with the A1(M) all the way with no diversion

Comments

• tonygrtonygr Posts: 53 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited November 2020
    Just added the software update and because I haven't used the sat nav for ages because of Covid19 I thought I would check the route to Cambridge from Scunthorpe. It is still routing on the original A14 over the flyover at Huntingdon which is now being demolished.
    When will my Go Basic catch up with the actuality?????
    Perhaps those responsible for keeping the maps up to date might like to read this article
    https://highwaysengland.co.uk/our-work/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon/news-archive/britain-s-biggest-road-project-opens-to-traffic-eight-months-early/

It is worth noting that the route planner in TomTom MyDrive gets it right
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 706 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hi, @tonygr

Speculation on my part, but does your Go Basic receive Traffic Signals?

Could it be that there was some Traffic Hold-Ups (perhaps an Accident) & it automatically offered the fastest route (which diverted around the hold-up??
    My original thought but in fact it is just the reverse. The Sat Nav does not get traffic info but the online planner does.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,710
    Superuser
    Hi @tonygr

What map have you got My GO Camper goes via the new A14. Map version 10.55

Doug
  • tpaworldtpaworld Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    It would appear that they have major problems with their mapping in that area. On a trip a couple of months ago from Derbyshire to the Sudbury area, it showed me driving over fields both on the M1 and the A14 in both directions.
    edited November 2020
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @tonygr

What map have you got My GO Camper goes via the new A14. Map version 10.55

Doug

Hi Doug

The latest UK & ROI v1055.10456

If I change the map to Europe v 1055.10456 it still routes via the old A14

However the post about the A14 was supposed to have been in the other thread on the Huntingdon Bypass. I am not sure how I messed it up. I have now posted the comment where it should have been.

This thread was supposed about another problem on the A1 at Peterborough see the first post
    Problem solved.

Did a complete reset and it is working as it should using the new A14. Just have to re-personalise the settings having synchronised with MyDrive to get my places and routes.

I suppose I was grasping at straws by doing a reset but it seems to have worked.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,710
    Superuser
    Hi @tonygr

Glad you are sorted.

Doug