UK map for my Start 25 — TomTom Community

UK map for my Start 25

How can I change my country, to show UK maps and not South Africa?

Best Answer

• HendrikCoetzerHendrikCoetzer Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    morning, thanks a lot, appreciate the support.

everything work 100%

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    Hi @HendrikCoetzer

Welcome to the Community! If you connect your device to the computer, the UK map should be offered to you in MyDrive Connect for download. Once you download the map, you can use it for navigation in the UK.

Regards, lampard
    morning thanks for the info. when connected it only shows that the South African map is active. then an option to buy a new GPS at a 30% discount. The reason is that upgrade not supported on old devices anymore. think that's wrong to force a customer to buy :-(
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,595
    Superuser
    edited November 11
    Hi @HendrikCoetzer

Are you saying that when you connect your device to the PC which has My Drive Connect running on it that under Maps in MDC the UK map is not listed for download?

Doug
    yes, only the SA one. remember i last used it in SA, moved now to UK and trying to change the map. On the top of the MDC screen shows this message "IMPORTANT NOTICE
    TomTom has stopped selling map updates and other services for this device. Your trusted device will still work perfectly but you will no longer be able to buy any new services".
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,595
    Superuser
    Hi @HendrikCoetzer

Lets see what @lampard can suggest.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    Hi @HendrikCoetzer

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Regards, lampard
  • Jim07Jim07 Posts: 3,773 Moderator
    @HendrikCoetzer

For what I see you downloaded the UK map yesterday, so both maps should be active on your device. In the device settings, you just need to switch maps.

Can you confirm that your problem is now solved?

Regards,

Jim

Accepted Answer
    morning, thanks a lot, appreciate the support.

everything work 100%
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0