TomTom Carminat on Renault Megane 3 - NOT INITIALIZING SD CARDS AND NOT RECORDING LOOPDIR — TomTom Community

TomTom Carminat on Renault Megane 3 - NOT INITIALIZING SD CARDS AND NOT RECORDING LOOPDIR

yleventcilingiryleventcilingir Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited November 11 in Built in car navigation
Hello dear forum members , my name is Levent, I am from turkey. Lately a friend of mine bought a second hand renault megane year 2011 which has a built in tomtom carminat navigation system. Original sd card of the system was missing. He tried to create a new card however he was not able to do it because of the problem I stated earlier at the header. He uses a fat 32 formatted 8g sdhc card. After inserting the card to slot he turns on the car and wait for a while and see on the screen "take out the sd card and insert it to your pc" logo. When he inserted the sd card to the pc he sees no "loopdir" file on the card. He hears the radio and can switch to the cd player but no infor on the screen but hourglass on a green background. Navigation joystick and bluetooth connection are not available as well. He has no original card, no back up on the pc. Any advice and help is muchly appreciated.

Comments

• Troubadix12Troubadix12 Posts: 1,969 [Revered Voyager]
    Hi @yleventcilingir ,

welcome to the TomTom-Community :-)

First of all, have you installed latest TTHome?
    Could you Read/Write the SD-Card? Is it shown as movable Drive at the PC?

Maybe you need this folder:
    home images.zip

Close TTHome, even in the Taskbar too...
    Unzip this file on your PC and copy the folder to the root of your SD-Card.
    Start TTHome...
    Now TTHome should recognize the SD-Card...

Regards Troubadix12
  • yleventcilingiryleventcilingir Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @yleventcilingir ,

welcome to the TomTom-Community :-)

First of all, have you installed latest TTHome?
    Could you Read/Write the SD-Card? Is it shown as movable Drive at the PC?

Maybe you need this folder:
    home images.zip

Close TTHome, even in the Taskbar too...
    Unzip this file on your PC and copy the folder to the root of your SD-Card.
    Start TTHome...
    Now TTHome should recognize the SD-Card...

Regards Troubadix12

Dear Troubadix12 Hi, thank you for your response and advice first, however the TTHOME updated and working quite well. The pc sd reader writer also functions good. An up and running tomtom carminat navigation system in a car should normally records a "loopdir" directory to the any fat32 formatted sd card inserted its sd card slot. But this one does not do that. I don't have a original sd card and any back up. So I am trying to hard reset the device in the car. even tried disconnecting the car battery for an hour or more but nothing happened . Even it did not asked for security code when battery connected back. Thank you again for your polite and quick response.
  • Troubadix12Troubadix12 Posts: 1,969 [Revered Voyager]
    Hi @yleventcilingir ,

maybe if you choose "show all files and folders, even system too" in your explorer view-options, maybe loopdir is a hidden directory...

If you need more support, wrote me a private message, maybe I can help via Remote.

Regards

Troubadix12
  • yleventcilingiryleventcilingir Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @yleventcilingir ,

maybe if you choose "show all files and folders, even system too" in your explorer view-options, maybe loopdir is a hidden directory...

If you need more support, wrote me a private message, maybe I can help via Remote.

Regards

Troubadix12

Hello Dear Troubadix12, upon your recomenndation we tried that too but it did not worked. Now all the SD cards he is trying are SDHC standard. Now he has ordered a regular SD card with 2GB capacity. If that not work too he will stop looking for a solution and find and android system for his car. Thank you for your kind support again :)