Mazda NB1 and Europe map size (bigger than SD Card) — TomTom Community

Mazda NB1 and Europe map size (bigger than SD Card)

YesPettoYesPetto Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited November 19 in Built in car navigation
Looks like Mazda's NB1 unit won't accept cards bigger than 4GB - in fact it is 3751MB exactly. The latest Europe map is however 4206 MB and it doesn't seem like there's any way to select a group of countries to push into the card from TomTom home. I'm not sure what to do, at the moment I don't want to purchase anything because it's not clear it will work.

I've seen on the website partial maps of Europe - terrible value indeed as they're barely any cheaper than the full Europe map. And I do not want to lose countries I've already paid for with my vehicle - if I purchase western Europe I'll lose access to the maps I have for the Balkans for instance.

Tom Tom home does not offer those maps anyway. It only offers full continents.

Any ideas?

Best Answers

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    Hi @YesPetto

Welcome to the Community! The Western Europe map which you saw on the website is not compatible with your device. In fact, the only map which is compatible with your device is the full Europe map which is already assigned. Unfortunately, you're out of options here. The size of our maps increases all the time as we add details, such as new roads. You just need to install the map zones available for the Europe map which fits on your SD card.

Regards, lampard
  • YesPettoYesPetto Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Lampard. How can I install certain map zones though? Will TomTom Home give me an option to do so off the full Europe map?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    Hi @YesPetto

Have a look at the video below:

Regards, lampard
    edited November 11
    Thank you for the video. It seems I can only install one map zone at a time? So if I'm driving from Britain to Croatia I'm stuffed as it seems to be 2 different zones?

Is it at least possible to update, rather than replace, zones? For instance, update the western europe zone but leave eastern europe in the old version?
    edited November 12
    You're a legend @kbarfod

Which brand if I may ask? Sandisk? Transcend?

And is it class 10? Basically I'd like to get the exact same one you have as compatibility can be finicky on things when we're out of official spec.
  • kbarfodkbarfod Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    My SD Card is 8GB Samsung for Foto use, but others will work to. Look here:
    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/lost-nav-card-will-this-work.123853630/#post-6437000

1. In TomTom Home make a backup of the old SD card.
    2. Buy new 8 or 16 GB SD card
    3. Format to FAT32 !
    4. Insert into car, turn on navigation, remove when error pops up
    5. Insert into computer and open TomTom HOME
    6. Restore from existing backup
    Excellent stuff, thanks for that. Looks like a regular class 10 8GB should do fine, plenty of headroom as the latest Euro map is just over 4GB, and they cost next to nothing.