Family sharing — TomTom Community

Family sharing

ckkoenckkoen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I read on this post that there will be a Family sharing option on iOS. Any idea if this will also be coming to Android? It would be a big deal if we're able to share the subscription between Android family members.
Tagged:

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    Hi there @ckkoen

Welcome to the Community! As far as I know, if you have an active subscription on your TomTom or Google Account and are logged in, you can use the GO Navigation App on multiple phones. The GO Navigation subscription is linked to your account and not your device.

Regards, lampard
  • ckkoenckkoen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard ,

Yes, I know, but in the post I linked, you yourself are talking about sharing the subscription between different accounts. You said TomTom is working on this for iOS. Is this something us Android-folks will also be getting, or will we be paying the same amount but with less functions?
    Sharing a subscription between different accounts is a whole other thing than sharing it between different devices.

Regards.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    Hi @ckkoen

Family sharing is used for sharing the subscription across different iOS devices of members of your Family Sharing group. With Android, however, this is not possible. Google does have the Family library functionality but it doesn't support the sharing of the subscription within Family members.

So if you want to share a single subscription on different Android devices, you need to login with the same email address from which the subscription is purchased (in google playstore) on every phone.

Regards, lampard