No response to screen on Runner cardio, button or computer connection — TomTom Community

No response to screen on Runner cardio, button or computer connection

tjuZhaoyangtjuZhaoyang Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
This morning when I went running, I suddenly found my tomtom runner cardio does not work. When I press the up/down/left/right button, no response. When I touch the screen, the light does not turn on. When I try to connect my computer like before, no connection shown in the Tomtom Sports Connect.
I looked up from internet for recovery or factory reset, not work.
The funny thing is, the clock is still running and displays the correct time on the screen.
What can I do?? Thanks in advance!
76i2nkkoigrk.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed. If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for Sports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in Sports Connect.

Hopefully this resets it and brings it back to life.
  • tjuZhaoyangtjuZhaoyang Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Dear tfarabaugh, thanks for the information. I tried this today and just now I tried it again, still does not work. The screen only showed the time and did not show "tomtom.com/reset" even if I pressed the DOWN button for one minute after connecting to computer USB port.

Is there any other ways for reset?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.
  • tjuZhaoyangtjuZhaoyang Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Well, that should be fine with the dock and metal contact. I used the dock every 5 days averagely, never run into any problem.

Now I'm waiting the battery is dead naturally, hope no-power can make the watch restart. :-)