How do you enter a long route? — TomTom Community

How do you enter a long route?

RoyMacDonaldRoyMacDonald Posts: 45 [Master Explorer]
When I try to enter a saved route from the South Coast to Edinburgh the app wont let me because it says that the it is outside the current map (South England) As this is the route I use most, the TomTom app is completely useless for me to use for navigation.

Best Answer

• RoyMacDonaldRoyMacDonald Posts: 45 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Jürgen wrote: »
    "Outside the current map (South England)" still suggests that @YamFazMan 's answer is correct. Please check Menu > Settings > Map & Display > Downloaded maps > Europe > Great Britain and Ireland to see if all four maps for that region are installed. Also include ferry maps since otherwise you may miss some bridges along the coast.

Thanks for your answer but my phone just did an Android update and now it all works OK without doing anything else.
    All the best.
    Roy

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,993
    Superusers
    edited November 9
    Hi
    @RoyMacDonald
    Have you installed all the sub sets of Maps for the WHOLE of the UK&ROI ??? On my iPhone there's....

Ferry Connections Europe
    Great Britain and Ireland... With Map Sub Sets....
    UK Central
    UK North
    UK North Ireland / Ireland
    UK South

6krcfneekaki.png

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @RoyMacDonald
    Have you installed All the sub sets of Maps for the whole of the UK&ROI ???

ATB YFM

I have all the maps for Europe downloaded and installed.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,709
    Community Manager
    "Outside the current map (South England)" still suggests that @YamFazMan 's answer is correct. Please check Menu > Settings > Map & Display > Downloaded maps > Europe > Great Britain and Ireland to see if all four maps for that region are installed. Also include ferry maps since otherwise you may miss some bridges along the coast.
    Accepted Answer
    Jürgen wrote: »

Thanks for your answer but my phone just did an Android update and now it all works OK without doing anything else.
    All the best.
    Roy