Importing POI's on GO Navigation App — TomTom Community

Importing POI's on GO Navigation App

manutentoremanutentore Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
hi all, I would like to import my POIs (ov.2) from my tomtom's to the Go Navigation application installed on iPhone 11 Pro, is it possible?

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!

Best Answer

Answers

• PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 378 [Supreme Pioneer]
    lampard wrote: »
    No, unfortunately, the POI/OV2 sync feature is not available with the GO Navigation App and being evaluated by the development team.
    People in the TomTom user community have been asking for full custom POI integration (i.e. separate POI categories, icons on navigation and map screens, and proximity alert) ever since iOS GO was released in February 2016 - currently over 4 years ago. Which is a shame as the previous iOS app had full custom POI integration.

If POI feature is still being evaluated by the development team then they are either really slow or else somebody at TomTom has decided that iOS GO will never have POIs - I suspect that it's the latter.

Come on TomTom, custom POIS are very useful for the user to add their own locations in separate categories for things such as Friends & Family, business, holidays, etc.

Regards,
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 74 [Supreme Navigator]
    I think there must be internal politics between device division and app division if that actually exists. There have been numerous request for POIs and Import and export functionality over the past few years and nothing seems to have changed. If they are not careful then folk will jump ship. There are some cracking good navigation apps that are developing year on year. Scenic 2 is one which as it stands now can do multi point route planning, can import and export GPX files, can organise favourites and routes into folders and has connectivity to web planners. Can also import POIs. Scenic 3 for next year promises map improvements with a new provider and more functionality (car play support, speed cameras and more). So TomTom watch out. Maybe I will not be renewing my subscription next year. Shame I like the app but its getting left behind.
  • manutentoremanutentore Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    GOOD MORNING, I WILL NOT RENEW AFTER THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD AND I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED A TOMTOM GO PREMIUM
    pity the transfer function would have further increased the value of the app
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 74 [Supreme Navigator]
    Yes I use POIViewer too. Good little app. At least you can use TomTom Go with it to navigate to a POI. But we have a company that allows POIs to be imported into MyDrive Web app but then cannot be seen on the map ! Crazy.