Rider 40 Speed camera update & live traffic — TomTom Community

Rider 40 Speed camera update & live traffic

Stu7Stu7 Posts: 25 [Master Explorer]
Hi there due to COVID-19 I have not used my Rider 40 for some time and when I logged in to TomTom MyDrive Connect it said the following “Speed Camera locations will no longer be updated on your device. To reactivate speed camera updates, you will need to renew your service.” What does this mean? Are speed camera updates still available for Rider 40?
Also it said that Live Traffic is no longer available either is that correct?
Kind regards - Stuart

Best Answer

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 592 [Revered Pioneer]
    On a Rider 40, 42 and 50 the Speed Camera and Live traffic services are optional. Only the first three months demo are included.

For extra Speed Camera and Live traffic services you have to buy a subscription.

With the Rider 400, 410, 420, 450, 500 and 550 lifetime Speed Camera and Live traffic services are included.
  • Stu7Stu7 Posts: 25 [Master Explorer]
    RoadRider wrote: »
    On a Rider 40, 42 and 50 the Speed Camera and Live traffic services are optional. Only the first three months demo are included.

For extra Speed Camera and Live traffic services you have to buy a subscription.

With the Rider 400, 410, 420, 450, 500 and 550 lifetime Speed Camera and Live traffic services are included.

Hi RoadRider thank you for taking the time to reach out and for you information, I just purchased the Speed Camera update however I cannot find where you purchase Traffic, do you know how to purchase that?
    Cheers - Stu

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 592 [Revered Pioneer]
    I think you have to go to this page; (never had to do this I have a Rider 550)

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/

And select live services.
    RoadRider wrote: »
    I think you have to go to this page; (never had to do this I have a Rider 550)

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/

And select live services.

Hi RoadRoder,
    Thanks for the link however the only options there are for maps, speed camera and voices. Anyone else know?
    Cheers / Stu
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Stu7

Your Rider 40 device does come with a Lifetime traffic subscription and only 3 months of Speed cameras. I've now fixed the subscriptions on your device, please do a soft reset and follow the steps below in the video to activate it: (1.31)

Regards, lampard

Hi Lampard,
    Thank you kindly for all your help and for resolving my issue, you’re a legend.
    Cheers - Stu
    Hi @Stu7

Your Rider 40 device does come with a Lifetime traffic subscription and only 3 months of Speed cameras. I've now fixed the subscriptions on your device, please do a soft reset and follow the steps below in the video to activate it: (1.31)

Regards, lampard

Hi lampard I just purchased what I believed was a 12 month subscription of speed cameras however I received a receipt today saying it was only 6 months. Can you tell me what is going on please?
    Cheers - Stu
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    Hello Stu,

Can you send me the receipt via a personal message?

Regards, lampard
    Hello Stu,

Can you send me the receipt via a personal message?

Regards, lampard

Hi Lampard in the meantime I’ve spoken to a technician from Tom Tom in Sydney and he said Tom Tom will reimburse me and then to connect my device to computer and then purchase 12 month subscription. He said because my device was not connected I purchased the incorrect Speed Camera subscription. Thank you for your prompt follow up and help.
    Cheers - Stu
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    Glad you're sorted, stu! :)

Thanks again mate 😊👍🏻

Hi lampard I’ve tried installing via my device but there is no different than I did last time. Can you help? I connected device but it’s saying only 3 months speed cameras