How do I plan a walking route on Go Camper model? — TomTom Community

How do I plan a walking route on Go Camper model?

I "Settings" I have ticked "Always plan this type of route" as "Walking" but when I enter the destination the device always reverts to the "Quickest route". It is very frustrating compared to my Go1005.

Answers

• psyskiesmanpsyskiesman Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi YamFazMan, when I click Change route type, the device only offers fastest, shortest or eco routes. Only in the main settings page does it offer walking route. Basically, I think I have been sold a lemon; the Go Camper fails on so many levels it's not funny!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    Hi @psyskiesman

I assume the you have not got the Vehicle set on the GO Camper as a Car as then you will find the Option to Walk appears. However it appears there may be a bug as on my GO Camper if I select Walking the route defaults to Fastest and there is no way I can walk 5miles in 13 minutes. Maybe @lampard can have this can look into this.

Doug
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 226 [Exalted Navigator]
    @DougLap

I seem to have yet another bug on my GO Camper as even with the Vehicle set to a car I do not get the Option to Walk.............................. The list of bugs seem to increase daily ! :s
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    Hi @Lost_Soul

If I set anything other than a car the Walking option is not offered.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,991
    Superusers
    edited November 9
    Hi
    On the GO 6200....
    I planned a route that has a no right turn junction, in the car you have to turn left drive half a mile up the road go round a runabout and back to the junction then on to the destination....

Using the Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current route --> Change route type... Select 'Walking route'...

'Walking route'... The route turns right at the junction cuts a mile off the journey...
    Walking route is 2 1/4 Miles 43 Mins....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM