GO Premium wont connect to Wi-Fi — TomTom Community

GO Premium wont connect to Wi-Fi

GO Premium 6" I was not getting traffic information and TomTom recommended a factory reset. Reset but will not log on to WIFI and Traffic not connected. I have tried 3 different connections but it just gives a "obtaining IP address. Then saved. But when I press connect it just goes through the same process time and time again. The TomTom is sitting connected to my computer by USB and is within 6 feet of the router. There is a list of available networks and i have told it to forget all but the main one. I have just made my phone a hotspot and positioned it next to the TomTom but it is just saying "connected Saved" but it is not connected. The traffic has not worked for over a month and got me tangled in some bad situations so i am desperate to get it working. Its been one thing after another with this unit. Any Ideas please?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• CRHolderCRHolder Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    OK understood. I have disconnected from USB and Yes WIFI now working. I am still getting " We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Pleas try again later" However the services have not worked for a month.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    Hi @CRHolder

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up and check the units settings on the TT servers to see if they need adjusting to sort out the Traffic.

I have experienced the problem as you have described re Wifi and it has turned out to be an error when inputting the Password. Try to clear the saved data and retry the connection.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    OK understood. I have disconnected from USB and Yes WIFI now working. I am still getting " We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Pleas try again later" However the services have not worked for a month.
    OOPS. I have just gone in again and it is working. Thank you for your help. I have been trying to sort this for about 4 hours now but I think it is OK now.
    Big Thank you
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,991
    Superusers

Hi
    @CRHolder
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,569 Moderator
    Hi @CRHolder

I’m glad to hear you got it sorted! :D

When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi. You have to realise you are dealing with the super thick here. How do i mark the issue as Solved?