Differents between map on device or online — TomTom Community

Differents between map on device or online

FuturelineFutureline Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
When i look for a address on my Tomtom Go device it reports the wrong position. (I use the latest map.10.55) But when I look for the same address on Mydrive on my phone or online it gives the correct position. How can this be corrected?
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,581 Moderator
    Hi @Futureline

Welcome to the community! The maps on MyDrive web and app are upgraded more often as compared to the maps on the devices which are updated on a quarterly basis.

I will try to find out what is the exact cycle of refreshing the maps in MyDrive.

Regards, Vikram
  • FuturelineFutureline Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This problem is dated from 2013. Its not 1 address but many more. I will give an example of a address. See the 2 pictures.
    tg6es5dy43td.png
    The write location.
    mvfg5may69lp.png
    The wrong location.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 107 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi,
    As said in this thread, this is issue independent from whether or not is the app or device.
    I've encountered many times the situation where I encounter issues in the field and when I check afterwards in mapshare, the isssue isn't valid anymore. There is a major discrepancy between mapshare and the rest.
    Cheers,
    Eddy
    It is far from a new problem. I've been using tomtom for years and have used all map updates over the years. The same errors can always be found on the maps of tomtom. I have often indicated that there is an error on the maps via the map correction system. However, nothing is done with it. I will soon try to use MapShare to make a correction. See if something is done with it.

For your info. I am a taxi driver and I drive throughout the Netherlands every day. On average, I drive between 400 and 600 kilometers per day. I can therefore properly assess whether an address is good or not. In addition to many fixed POI addresses, I also drive to many home addresses. So I also take this with me to assess the quality of the map. I used multiple navigation systems and map providers.
    MapShare has no use for my corrections. The corrections have already been made on MapShare. So there is nothing to correct. Only the maps on the device is still old. They need to update the maps for the devices. The only solution is to find a address on Mydrive connect App and send it to my device to get the correct location. They really need to update the maps for the devices.