Download updates via MyDrive connect — TomTom Community

Download updates via MyDrive connect

Marco56Marco56 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited November 2020 in TomTom Services
App. My Drive notifies me of updates but then does not download them checked network connection ok reinstalled App. My Drive but the problem persists. How do I contact support.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)

Answers

• Marco56Marco56 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited November 2020
    My Drive does not download updates

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,623
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Marco56
    Welcome to the site....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Kevin89Kevin89 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited November 2020
    Hello Marco56, had the same problem with my Go400. Mydrive downloaded, connected to laptop and content selected. He updated the small files on my Go400 without any problems except for the Europe map (8000mbits). Each time it showed preparation for this, a brief elapsed time and less than 2 minutes later no percentage and no time were displayed. I tried to add the ports without success and deactivated the firewall without success. There was another tip with an external USB hub, but I didn't have it, so I couldn't test it. After 2 days I had read something that I should look in the Tomtom cache to see if he had already downloaded the file. And there was the problem, THIS FOLDER DOESN'T EXIST! Not to be found. So I started the download again, in the "Preparation" go to Settings in the top right corner and change the download folder to a better chosen one (no matter which one) then the download should finally begin. And one more tip don't let the desktop go dark. I wish you success!

Mod edit: Machine translated from German!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,623
    Superusers
    Hi
    Google Translate...
    Kevin89 wrote: »
    Hello Marco56, had the same problem with my Go400.
    Mydrive downloaded, connected to laptop and content selected.
    He updated the small files on my Go400 without any problems except for the Europe map (8000mbits).
    Each time it showed preparation for this, a brief elapsed time and less than 2 minutes later no percentage and no time were displayed. I tried adding the ports without success and disabled the firewall without success. There was another tip with an external USB hub, but I didn't have it, so I couldn't test it. After 2 days I had read something that I should look in the Tomtom Cache to see if he had already downloaded the file. And there was the problem, THIS FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST! Not to be found.
    So I started the download again, in the 'Preparation' go to Settings in the top right corner and change the download folder to a better chosen one (no matter which one) then the download should finally begin.

And one more tip don't let the desktop go dark.

I wish you success!
    Stay safe... ATB YFM