volume adjustment using Apple CarPlay — TomTom Community

volume adjustment using Apple CarPlay

Good morning!

When using the TomTom Go Mobile App with Apple CarPlay, I would like to be able to adjust the volume of announcements and/or warning tones.

Although I can do this during voice output using the controls of the audio system, the setting is lost immediately after the current voice output ends and is back to a default volume (set by whoever) the next time.

Have I overlooked a possible setting in the app - or is this option really missing?

Regards,

Dirk.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @TinmanBN

On my VW Golf when the unit is in CarPlay mode if I Tap Menu on CarPlay screen then bottom right of menu screen is a Volume option.

Tap the Option then you get a continual vocal announcement which if I adjust the volume of via the Steering wheel controls and so can be set at the volume of announcements required. I then Tap Done.

When in use the Steering Wheel volume controls work the media volumes as normal. Be aware that if you adjust the volume whilst TT announcements are being made it may permanently adjust the TT volume.

Doug
  • GiormGiorm Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    TinmanBN wrote: »
    Good morning!

When using the TomTom Go Mobile App with Apple CarPlay, I would like to be able to adjust the volume of announcements and/or warning tones.

Although I can do this during voice output using the controls of the audio system, the setting is lost immediately after the current voice output ends and is back to a default volume (set by whoever) the next time.

Have I overlooked a possible setting in the app - or is this option really missing?

Regards,

Dirk.

While using the TomTom Go Mobile App (from my iPhone X) with Apple CarPlay on my Toyota Yaris 2020 (Premiere Edition), I would like to adjust the volume of announcements and/or warning tones but using the controls of the audio system ... nothing changes
    :-(((
    Any good advice ??? Many Thanks
    :-)
    Giorgio
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @Giorm

On my Golf I do the following.

Firstly I set a Volume on the Radio/Media using the controls on the steering wheel.

I then connected my iPhone SE (Old Model) and with CarPlay displayed Tap Menu on the CarPlay screen top Left. Bottom right a Volume option then appears. Tap that and a volume screen appears and, sometimes with a bit of delay, I hear the TT voice speaking and while it is doing this using the Volume controls on the Steering Wheel I can set the preferred volume of the TT voice. When the right level is set I then select Done. You need to be hearing the TT voice when you do this.

Now when the unit is working and the Radio/Media is playing I can change the volume using the Steering Wheel controls. When the TT CarPlay wants to advise instructions the Radio/Media volume reduces and the Directions are given at the volume set by the above process.

Doug