Device won't connect to MyDrive Connect

youngmap
youngmap Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
My Tom Tom, won't connect to My Drive Connect, won't give me my location or speed and won't give me directions.
Is it broken?
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,817
    Superuser
    Hi
    @youngmap
    Welcome to the site....

What is the Model Name of your Tomtom device ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • HillsP
    HillsP Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    my tom tom smart 52 won't connect to my MacBook so frustrating
    as it did before any advice?
  • Tomasz82
    Tomasz82 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited November 2021
    I have a problem with the trucker 6000. I bought a subscription with speed cameras and tomtom traffici and nothing works. The machine is not connecting to the network

Mod edit: Machine translated (Polish)
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,817
    Superuser
    Hi
    @HillsP & @Tomasz82
    Welcome to the site....
    If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    Step-by-step instructions for removing the 'Home3' Folder and the 'MyDrive connect' folder....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134289/connection-problems-mydrive-connect-delete-the-home3-mydrive-connect-folders

Here's a similar solution recently suggested by Tomtom support ....
    Step by step MyDrive Connect fix from Tomtom support....
    Okay.
    I will share certain steps with you for troubleshooting and request you to perform it as it is.
    1) Close MyDrive Connect completely.
    2) Make sure there are no TomTom related processes running in task manager.
    -The Task Manager can be found by pressing the keys Ctrl+Alt+Del and then selecting Task Manager
    3) Uninstall MyDrive Connect via the Control Panel
    4) Delete the TomTom folder from the Program files.
    -Go to Start and then My Computer/Computer/This PC
    -Delete the MyDrive Connect folder from C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)
    5) Check each username profile (marked as <username> here) and make sure the TomTom folders are deleted from the following locations:
    -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
    -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming
    -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files
    6) Press the Windows Key + R to open the run window.
    - Type in %temp% then press OK . Delete as many files from this location as possible. Some files can not be deleted. This is normal.
    7) Restart the computer.
    8) Create a new Administrator account in Windows.
    -Create a simple username, for instance TomTom, with no spaces or special characters (like â, é, ë etc.).
    9) Log out of the current account and log in with the new administrator account.
    10) Reinstall MyDrive Connect.
    - Go to https://help.tomtom.com/hc/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect
    - Download MyDrive Connect.
    -Go to the download folder, right-click on the file MyDriveConnect.exe and press run as administrator.
    11) Check the status of the program in the firewall
    11) Then connect the device to the computer and follow the update and install it. The update should go through.
    Make sure to install the update one at a time.
    Stay safe... ATB YFM