Who does it takes so long before available in map - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Who does it takes so long before available in map

2»

Answers

• eddydceddydc Posts: 141 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    No, it's a bit more complicated than that. The max speed in the Walloon part is 90 km/h and the Flemish part is 70 km/h.
    But that's not the issue.
    Starting from that crossroad, there a many parts with a max speed of 50 km/h which show in mapshare correctly but not in the app.
    I've encountered many of these, which aren't the result of a reported change in speed limit and thus should be accurate in the app since no update is needed. It seem that the base map info (in Belgium alone?) is outdated and never gets updated in the app.
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,047
    Superusers
    Okay. Could you perhaps mention a specific stretch (e.g. by coordinates) which is showing wrong on the devices, but correct in MSR? Then I'll check as well.
    As such all bits on the Waversesteenweg in the direction of Hoegaarden which can be viewed in Google Street View, starting from here and indicated with the 50 km/h traffic sign (one must look at both directions, since GSV doesn't show all signs completely) to at least here (but it can be closer to Hoegaarden too.
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hy Eddy, below what I see. Could you confirm this is correct?

Real speed limit (black bars and circles indicate speed limit sign):
    bev83t55pu0r.png

MSR map:
    x5w6tw77hlcw.png
    Not entirely. Speed limits indicated by a traffic sign end at the next cross road (unless when it's indicated as a zone) so the 50 km/h started at the Gaatstraat ends at the Rue de Gaet and thus turn to the standard 70 km/h in the direction of Hoegaarden. It's rather odd that in the opposite direction a 50 km/h signs is placed just before that cross road with Rue de Gaet. It could be that one forget to put a sign after the Rue de Gaet crossroad in the direction of Hoegaarden.
    If not, the MSR seems to be correct except of the missing data and the zone 30 around the school.
    I see that you make the distinction between school and other hours. Does TT make that distinction too? It doesn't occur to me that this is the case. If so, things gets more complicated concerning these hours.

But again, the app show other data then indicated in MSR and I would like to see that fixed asap.
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Ah, didn't know that in Flanders it stopped at the next intersection. Below some new drawings :) But it seems it's quite complicated, and also the real signs don't make a lot of sense. For example in both directions a different speed limit applies if I just follow the signs.

Also the TomTom Android GO app shows different speed limits per direction sometimes. I agree that the GO app doesn't correspond to MSR, and that's an issue indeed.

Do you think the first image below is correct now?

Real speed limit:
    8hfmsdujiaar.png
    Android GO app:
    mwo8xcrfdhdm.png
    You missed the 50 km/h at the Tramstraat. I doesn't make any sense having two different speeds in both directions at the Bosbergstraat. So I would say that the Google mas car missed that sign or the sign is missing/forgotten to put and it is 50 km/h in both directions.

But even with correct MSR data, the app data will remain faulty. And again, this is not the only case.
    Superusers
    Correct, I missed one 50 km/h speed sign near Tramstraat indeed. Modified the picture. I've come across similar cases where the MSR map doesn't seem to reflect what's on the PND and app maps. I already asked TT elsewhere, let's see if they reply. It's almost like if they use a different source map for the PNDs/Android apps than for the MSR map. This would be bad, as then we don't know anymore if something needs to be reported. I'll post in this topic once I know more.
    Megalos wrote: »
    It's almost like if they use a different source map for the PNDs/Android apps than for the MSR map.

If that's the case, MSR is useless. And MSR as such is a pain to work with. It looks rather pure amateurism compared to the Here mapcreator.

Just encountered another perfect example Waversesteenweg in Bierbeek just befor it becomes Rue Du Village. It's already a couple of years that the default speed n Flanders is no longer 90 but 70 km/h, whereas in Wallonia it remained 90 km/h. MSR shows this correctly, the app doesn't.
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    You mean that a small part just before the Wallonian border it's shown as 90 km/h on the Android GO app? Indeed not an issue on the MSR map. I get more and more the feeling that this MSR map is different than what we will see in the device maps.
    Megalos wrote: »
    You mean that a small part just before the Wallonian border it's shown as 90 km/h on the Android GO app?

Indeed the Waversesteenweg just before the Wallonian border is shown as 90 km/h