Does the mapshare community update function actually work on a TomTom Start 52? — TomTom Community

Does the mapshare community update function actually work on a TomTom Start 52?

The map share function is advertised as one of the functions that this sat-nav is supposed to be able to do. It seems as though TomTom are deliberately lying about this function and deceiving their customers. I have tried rebooting and resetting everything and searched the forums but mine still does not update. It seems that TomTom do not care and have no intention of making this work and treat their customers with total disregard. I'm never buying another TomTom, I'm switching to Garmin.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,991
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Mostly_Lost
    The Start 52 is a none live device....
    With MyDrive Connect running and your Start 52 connected to your PC Using the USB lead.... If a MapShare is available it will be offered on MyDrive Connect....

I had a Ga*m*n for a month :'( that was three weeks too long...
    I retuned it to the shop and exchanged it under their 30-Day Customer satisfaction guarantee.... I was fed-up with the weird routing very poor Traffic and garish screen....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Mostly_LostMostly_Lost Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have MyDrive running on a windows 10 PC and I am signed in. My Sat-Nav is connected via a USB cable and both my PC and device are showing that they are connected. There are two updates available for me, Map Share and charging points. When I select either of these and click on Update, nothing happens. It has never worked. I contacted TomTom over six months ago and they said they were working on the problem. But still NOTHING. I have rebooted and read the forums but I still can't get it to work. It's a disgrace that I can't actually email TomTom direct, I have to use a public forum. I tried phone the contact number but the person on the other end did not have a clue. They were just reading off a script.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,991
    Superusers
    edited November 2
    Hi
    @Mostly_Lost
    Have you tried clearing the MyDrive Connect cache ???

With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the Downloads Tab
    Empty download folder
    Save settings
    See if the device updates using the newly downloaded files....

Contacting Tomtom support....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM