Failed update, what next ? — TomTom Community

Failed update, what next ?

Alex-DRZAlex-DRZ Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited October 31 in RIDER
After filed update of a map i can't access Map section anymore on the device (each time it will trigger never ending loop update).
Things i tried:
  1. Waiting to finish update (it will start from 42% then go to 99% and back again from 42%)
  2. Soft reset (no results, it will display 2 updates and loop again)
  3. Recovery (no results, loop again)
  4. Download maps via MyConnect or WiFi (same thing, it will loop 2 downloads as before)

I can't delete current map or install some another one, every time i tap on Map (on device) it will start update process.

What to do next ?

*device TomTom Rider 550

Answers

• TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 100 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    @Alex-DRZ

Seems you have already tried the usual solutions. It might be worth ensuring the thing is fully charged before attempting any major updates. If your charging solution times out for any reason things could get a bit flaky towards the end of the update cycle and fail.

It occurs you might disable the WiFi to prevent it updating on its own then power cycle it before moving on. This might give you a window to get in and delete the maps before it takes over again. If that doesn't work try a harder reset:

From the manual: "To do this, press and hold the On/Off button until your TomTom Rider begins to restart."

Is your Internet connection stable enough? It's not folk around you soaking up all the bandwidth watching Netflix is it?