Maps on the GO Navigation App — TomTom Community

Maps on the GO Navigation App

JohnchurchillJohnchurchill Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I renewed my Android subscription on 30/10/20 but only got Southern England. Please help complete it.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,581
    Superuser
    Hi @Johnchurchill

I assume what. you have done is download the new version of the Android App and so when you do this you auto download the Map that covers the area that the App identifies is where your Phone is when you download the App.

Just go into the Menu options and locate Maps and Select Europe then UK and you can select to download any other maps UK based maps you require. You can also select any other map they offer elsewhere in the world to your device as well. Be aware that if you were to download say Northern Ireland or North West France you will need to download the Europe Ferrys file as well.

Doug
  • JohnchurchillJohnchurchill Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thank you for your prompt help. I downloaded the app from scratch again and did as you advised, taking the UK and Northern France only. But every search I tried to make on addresses I have used often in TomTom on my previous Galaxy 6 was not recognised on the current Galaxy 10e. It even sent me to Northern France several times. I've used the program extensively for years and have always liked it very much. But this was such a timewasting muddle that I have just got a refund from Google Play. With regret!! I wonder what the problem may have been. Regards John Churchill PS I tried Waze to see if the problem was my new phone, but it works without any difficulty - this eliminates the possibility that the new phone is faulty. Do you have any ideas from here on, as I would love to continue to use TomTom if it can work as simply as before?
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,163 [Revered Voyager]
    edited November 1
    Could you be specific about which maps you installed? There is no "UK" map; to get the whole of the UK you would need to install four different maps* and those would also include the Republic of Ireland. Also could you give examples of addresses that your installation of the app failed to locate?

* Maps needed for TomTom GO Navigation app to find an address anywhere in the UK:
    UK Central
    UK North
    UK North Ireland / Ireland
    UK South