When will GO 620 get a software update to stop all the 'no traffic connection' issues? — TomTom Community

When will GO 620 get a software update to stop all the 'no traffic connection' issues?

BCBuddyBCBuddy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Its been a year since a software update and there are so many issues with the bluetooth / wifi clash preventing traffic connect... why not an update that tell the device to ingore wifi?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,986
    Superusers
    Hi
    @BCBuddy
    Try logging out of your Wi-Fi....
    I find the Wi-Fi devices are more stable and more responsive in general use when you 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection

(You can't actually logout you can only 'Forget' the connection)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap (Modify) Icon
    Tap (Forget) Icon
    Tap (^) Icon Screen top right
    To verify the Wi-Fi is OFF Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) screen top right Wi-Fi logo with an 'X'

70e5b90b-25ce-4fca-994c-e836a17cb9fa.jpg
    To Reconnect to Wi-Fi.... For Updating etc....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your chosen Wi-Fi
    Enter your Wi-Fi Password
    Tap Done
    Tap Connect

Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device... I turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only log back in for updates
    It's no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,559 Moderator
    Hi @BCBuddy

Did you get this sorted with the suggestion provided by 'YamFazMan'?

When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, Vikram
  • BCBuddyBCBuddy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The suggestions 'kind of work' - connection works when i set it up then wont work when I set off!

I really think the software needs an update to make the the devices know look at bluetooth first and wireless next.

I will keep on playing with it as I get time - over a year of playing around with it and it still not right!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,986
    Superusers
    edited November 4
    Hi
    @BCBuddy
    Are you by any chance using the MyDrive App and iPhone running iOS 13 or above ???
    Be Aware....
    On the Live Devices (Built-in GPRS SIM)....
    If you turn Data for Traffic & other services 'ON'....
    The Bluetooth/Phone Connection can take priority over the Live GPRS SIM

On My Devices I get....
    GO Premium Data Connection GPRS SIM...
    I selected....
    71iiq7y9b9bc.jpg
    For more Info See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1729911/#Comment_1729911

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • BCBuddyBCBuddy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm now trying using the phone hot spot to connect as i seem to get traffic this way. Iphone 11 with ios13.x