no route possible (Android app) — TomTom Community

no route possible (Android app)

I get "no route possible" error message when I try to route between my car dealer (Woburn, MA, USA) and my home (Lexington, MA, USA). But it worked fine when routing the same trip but in revers. Can someone help me solve this? The app and settings are vanilla! I am just minutes from major towns, so if the maps are bad for urban/suburban areas, what will be the quality of the maps for remote areas?

This is a brand new app for me. I downloaded it and am using it because I'm evaluating TomTom ... the Rider 550 GPS seems like a nice unit, but I'm surprised at the number of complaints. I really really want to like TomTom, but this is a TERRIBLE first impression. And if the phone app fails on my 2nd drive (!!!) then how can I have the confidence to spend $350 dollars on a TomTom device?

Comments

• lamelyloungeslamelylounges Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Okay ... so the number of my house is broken in TomTom maps.
    If I use 1 Grandview Ave, the maps are able to create a route.
    But if I use my actual house number, then we fail.

The weird thing is that I am able to search for the address and mark the address as my home.

Is there a way to update the map database to fix this broken data?

lt8hwe31stnj.jpg

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 228 [Exalted Navigator]
    map data corrections can be reported using the website https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare/
  • RoyMacDonaldRoyMacDonald Posts: 45 [Master Explorer]
    I get "no route possible" error message when I try to route between my car dealer (Woburn, MA, USA) and my home (Lexington, MA, USA). But it worked fine when routing the same trip but in revers. Can someone help me solve this? The app and settings are vanilla! I am just minutes from major towns, so if the maps are bad for urban/suburban areas, what will be the quality of the maps for remote areas?

This is a brand new app for me. I downloaded it and am using it because I'm evaluating TomTom ... the Rider 550 GPS seems like a nice unit, but I'm surprised at the number of complaints. I really really want to like TomTom, but this is a TERRIBLE first impression. And if the phone app fails on my 2nd drive (!!!) then how can I have the confidence to spend $350 dollars on a TomTom device?

Personally I've found the device navigation implementation is light years ahead of the app. The latest TomTom is fantastic. No issues whatsoever and no need to connect to a computer to update.
    All the best.
    Roy