Make charging points for electric cars optional in the updates — TomTom Community

Make charging points for electric cars optional in the updates

A lot of people do not drive Teslas or related cars, but then get 100MB of worthless data on their TomTom

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,559 Moderator
    Hi @Josias

Welcome to the community!
    You can always deselect the updates for electric charging stations if you don't wish to install them.

When updates are offered, are you not able to just de-select them under the 'My Content' tab in MyDrive Connect?

Regards, Vikram

• Tiffie29Tiffie29 Posts: 22 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi VikramK

If you are able to deselect an update in MyDrive, please tell us how. I've had a look and I cannot see anyway to do it.

Fingers crossed you can tell us how.

Thanks
    DF
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,986
    Superusers
    edited October 31
    Hi
    @Tiffie29
    Welcome to the site....
    With MyDrive Connect running & your device connected to your PC Over USB.... Click on 'View Updates'
    jl8p5kijg5x6.jpg

The Answer is simple....
    You don't tick the box to update for the Charging Stations....

uv6zv6rca2z4.jpg

Tomtom force tick some Mandatory Updates.... Navcore updates QuickFixGPS etc....
    If an update is force ticked by Tomtom we can't deselect them....

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    As above the NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time....
    This will help to prevent a Log-Jam effect on the Tomtom Servers if something go wrong with one of the updates... The Server only has to wait for one update file to Time-Out

Stay Safe... ATB YFM