My 520 says its up to date but isnt as the app version is 16.401.0077.411 map version is v975.7679 — TomTom Community

My 520 says its up to date but isnt as the app version is 16.401.0077.411 map version is v975.7679

how can i update it?

Best Answers

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    Hi @roncbr1100xx

Is the unit logged into MyDrive. ie if you go to My Drive in Settings does it say Stop Syncing bottom right. If it does then it IS logged in. If it asks for the password then complete the connection then you may be offered updates..

If that does not resolve it

Try a Soft Reset.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

If that does not sort it try a Factory Reset.

Before you do a Factory Reset go to the My Drive Website and log into your account and checked that any My Places/Routes/3rd Party Poi files you have on the GP520 are saved there. If they are then:

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

You will have to set the unit up again as you did out of the box including My Drive and any My Places etc should sync from your account when you link it. The current Map and Operating software will not be affected by this Reset.

If this does not result in any update s being offered, and you should do Operating updating first, then advise us here and we can ask @VikramK to review your units settings on the TT server.

Doug
  • roncbr1100xxroncbr1100xx Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    i have tried all those steps and it is still the same.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,571 Moderator
    Hi @roncbr1100xx

Welcome to the community! The software on your TomTom has to be updated first. That will automatically allow you to install the new maps.

Our teams are aware of the problem, please get in touch with our customer service as this might require some advanced troubleshooting steps to get this fixed.

Thank you, Vikram