Caravan and Camper Route Map — TomTom Community

Caravan and Camper Route Map

Recently I was driving on the above mentioned road towing our caravan. I was driving on the Reighton By Pass en route to Filey when the A165 changed from a dual to a single carriageway, I always drive at 50 MPH when towing our caravan as I expect to be less stressed when arriving at our destination. The By Pass has a very step incline and I achieved only 29 MPH by the time I had reached the crest of the incline, once over the crest, gravity played it's hand and my speed increased momentarily to 57 MPH. I commenced slowing the rig down using the gearbox and engine however it was too late and the mobile speed camera situated at the bottom of the incline did it's job. by the time I had reached level ground I was back to 50 MPH. My question is, My Tom Tom never warned me that the speed limit had changed for the Reighton by pass. I use that feature on the Tom Tom to keep my speed in check. Could this have been a failing of the Caravan and Camper Map?
I have tried to find out the severity of the incline but as yet have had no success. So I now have three points and a £100 fine. They advised I was towing a trailer in excess of the speed limit on a single carriageway. The Reighton by pass on the A165 is a very popular tourist road for caravan owners visiting the east coasts side resorts. I wonder therefore if Tom Tom know about this site for the mobile speed camera? Furthermore,I have a small ERDE trailer that sits behind out Peugeot 407SW, it cannot be seen behind the car from the front when attached. therefore had I been towing that trailer, the speed camera would not have seen it. (Although I suspect my speed would not have increased due to my 1.5 tonne caravan not being part of the load on which gravity took a hold.)
I have taken the three penalty points and paid the fine, however I wonder if TOM TOM users can advise if they have knowledge of this location? And also if you know the extent of the incline going up the Reighton by pass and down again on the way to Filey from Hull. There are no warning sign of speed come operations, there are no signposts indicating event of incline, and there are no specific signs relating to the numerous times the A165 changes from dual lane (60 MPH for caravan) to one lane and back to dual. Safely lowing down the rig on a downward slope using the engines somewhat a distraction and takes concentration. Slamming on the brakes is not a good idea s the rig is brake and very effective and can be quite severe.
I would appreciate any ideas (excluding the usual "You should not speed if you do not wish to get caught" from the lovers of speed camera operators...usually police or their family members)
Anyway, just to alert fellow TomTom users.
Have a nice day and be alert...Your Country needs Lerts!!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,994
    Superusers
    edited October 30
    Hi
    @Drypooldog
    Welcome to the site...
    You could use the Tomtom Mapshare Reporting Tool, to report the Mobile Speed Cam zone....
    Here... Tomtom FAQ, Video & MapShare link... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013898080-About-TomTom-MapShare
    Drypooldog wrote: »
    (Snip)Furthermore, I have a small ERDE trailer that sits behind our Peugeot 407SW, it cannot be seen behind the car from the front when attached. Therefore, had I been towing that trailer, the speed camera would not have seen it. (Although I suspect my speed would not have increased due to my 1.5 tonne caravan not being part of the load on which gravity took a hold.)
    (Snip)
    Motorcycles only have a rear numberplate... Some Speed Cam Vans have a side mounted camera that can rotate 180 degrees to take a front a rear image of the vehicle...
    Other vans have four Cameras Front Back and Both Sides.....
    See... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/176489/Snap-police-van-has-got-you

Stay Safe... ATB YFM