Memory space issues again — TomTom Community

Memory space issues again

Just over a year later doing the map update and in a similar position. Last time i tried to do the map update i had difficulties as the Europe map is too big for the device. I had your help getting a smaller map on the device and the Europe map on the sd card. Again as last time i am having problems getting the device to recognise the sd card. Been through the troubleshooting guide, formatting the card etc. nothing works. Tom Tom Go 600 still only gets as far as showing "load a map". Mydrive will not let me see sd card. tried different cards. no luck. please help

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,992
    Superusers
    edited October 27
    Hi
    @johndaly55
    Some Maps are now too big to install onto the NAV4 devices 8GB on-board Memory....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and allocate a small 'Keeper Map' to your Account....

Were allocated a small Keeper Map last year to get past the No Maps found Map error ??? Did you leave the map installed on the built-in Memory

Important See Catch22....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • johndaly55johndaly55 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks for replying. I did have the original keeper map on the device as you mentioned and installed the "larger" map on the sd card after a lot of trouble last time. unless i did something badly wrong its gone.
  • johndaly55johndaly55 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    PS I read through your link and that was my problem last year which was resolved by Lampard. This time the keeper seems to have been deleted somehow. I cant say i didn't do it but haven't been further than "not enough space available" and the device telling me I need to load a map before I can proceed.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,571 Moderator
    Hi @johndaly55

A small map has been activated now. It should be offered as a download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram