GO 6000 charging but showing not connected — TomTom Community

GO 6000 charging but showing not connected

denny61denny61 Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
edited October 29 in MyDrive Connect
UPDATE
Its now connected and charging, have signed in to both device and MyDrive, my drive still showing my device "Not Connected" to update??

Not used my tomtom Go 6000 for quite a while, have just gone to update on PC, obviously the battery was dead, its plugged in via the charging/connection for car stand but when switched on it starts then turns off.
Will it need left charging via pc for a length of time to bring it back to life?
Thanks

Best Answer

• denny61denny61 Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    All done now guy's. As I use a Mac I went into system preferences and in security I manually had to allow.
    Many Thanks All for help.
    Please keep safe :3

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,993
    Superusers
    Hi
    @denny61
    Welcome to the site....
    Charge the device for at least 3Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Have just updated my original question Thanks.
    I will leave it plugged in to power supply through wall charger and try later.
    Thank You
    keep safe
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi all

@denny61

Let the battery drain completely is not good for the survival of our devices. To wake up your device and restart the NavCore (internal software) you can try this:

Charge your device with a 2A main charger (that of a Smartphone, Iphone, Tablet), USB ports only give 500mah that's not enough. If the default settings have not been changed, when your device is connected to a power source it should turn on.

If it doesn't, with your GO6000 still connected to this power source (main charger) do a "Soft Reset" to "wake up" your device. “Restart” the device requires minimal power, if the battery cannot supply enough energy for this, the charger will.

With your device connected to the 2A main charger:
    Soft Reset ==> press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

After that, let your device turned on charge for at least 2/3 hours before use.

I hope this will work for you.

Regards.

Hi
    Im still unable for device to connect to your site to update?
    I have tried three different leads and also tried it in mr cradle.
    Fearing the worst :/
    Superusers
    Hi
    @denny61
    Welcome to the site...
    On the rare occasions I have problems with MyDrive Connect....
    Here is a couple of options that I use....

Option... (1) If you are having problems with MyDrive Connect...
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1727979/#Comment_1727979

Option (2) Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    If you're using a Windows PC... I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller....
    Important.... Watch the Video in the link....
    The Revo Uninstall is a two stage process.... The initial standard uninstall
    Then a scan to remove files the standard Uninstall leaves behind....

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722414/#Comment_1722414

If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Uninstaller Program available for a Mac ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks YFM will give it a go, my Mac connects to my unit but Home & Mydrive wont connect. Checked DougLap advice was OK so will try yours otherwise going in the bin and use Sygic B):)
    Superusers
    Hi
    @denny61
    Home will definitely NOT connect to your GO 6000, Tomtom Home is for the 1st generation of Tomtom devices....
    The GO 6000 uses MyDrive Connect....
    Tomtom FAQ... Installing MyDrive Connect
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Accepted Answer
    All done now guy's. As I use a Mac I went into system preferences and in security I manually had to allow.
    Many Thanks All for help.
    Please keep safe :3