Problem with the buttons and joystick on Renault Koleos 2010 — TomTom Community

Problem with the buttons and joystick on Renault Koleos 2010

VeskoyVeskoy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,
I've a Renault Koleos 2010, running a TomTom built-in navigation with Carminat system on an external SD card. I've recently installed a TomPlayer (version 0.241) on a separately SD card BUT now when I switch the SD cards to the one with the map on it, the map is working fine but the control buttons (the multimedia navigation buttons and joystick, between the seats) do not work at all and I can not access the menu. If I switch to the player's SD card, the buttons work just fine. Is there a way to reset the navigation to the factory settings?
Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• VeskoyVeskoy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram,
    the hardware (the buttons themselves) works fine. If I open Tomplayer, the buttons and the joystick will work correctly, they are only disabled (I assume through the software) when I switch back to the navigation. Do you know if there is a system file or something that I might be missing in my Carminat system, that is responsible for the buttons and what they do?
    Thank you
  • rotproof1rotproof1 Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited November 16
    @Veskoy, did you restore unit configuration with Renault Can Clip?
    That is the first thing you should try.

Did you also try to use SD Card without TomPlayer on it? (actually TomTom made everything that TomPlayer is no longer properly supported as no company wants their units hacked with third-party software)

1. insert new FAT32 formatted card into unit
    2. wait till it initializes
    3. SInce you can't remove card correctly via menu - turn off the ignition and open the door (should shutdown navigation unit), then remove sd card
    4. install TomTom home2 on your computer, insert SD card from step 3.
    5. Download all necessary updates.
    6. Insert card into the unit - see if after updates (if any) you get it working.

If not working - need to restore unit configuration with Renault Can CLIP (or dealership can do it)
  • VeskoyVeskoy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello rotproof1,
    I've tried all of these steps, but it did not solve the issue.
    When I put an empty SD card in the slot, the navigation system creates a directory called "loopdir" and inside it creates a file called loopback.ex3. This file contains the device unique ID and the navigation system VIN number. Upon an inspection of this file, it turned out that the VIN number of the navigation was some how overwritten by the TomPlayer files and in there was a VIN number from a Megane 3, that uses a Bluetooth remote and not wired keys with the joystick.

It turns out that there are 3 VIN numbers - one for the car computer, another for the radio and a 3rd one for the nav system. The first 2 were identical, but the 3rd was changed.

I've visited the Renault dealership today and they used their house tool ("DDT2000") to check my NAV unit configuration. My first diagnosis was correct : the SDCard from the player somehow managed to overwrite the NAV configuration (according to the multimedia dept, this is technicaly not possible...). So in a few mouse clicks, he switched from the Megane configuration :
    - wrong VIN (though this is not critical if the VIN number is not correct as long as the unit has been initialized once)
    - Radio2 configuration
    - no wired remote
    - no temp display
    - no radio display

back to the original Koleos configuration :
    - correct VIN
    - Radio1
    - wired remote
    - temp and radio display.

A reboot and everything is working fine as before.
    Thanks for the assist.
  • rotproof1rotproof1 Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Veskoy wrote: »
    Hello rotproof1,
    I've tried all of these steps, but it did not solve the issue.
    When I put an empty SD card in the slot, the navigation system creates a directory called "loopdir" and inside it creates a file called loopback.ex3. This file contains the device unique ID and the navigation system VIN number. Upon an inspection of this file, it turned out that the VIN number of the navigation was some how overwritten by the TomPlayer files and in there was a VIN number from a Megane 3, that uses a Bluetooth remote and not wired keys with the joystick.

It turns out that there are 3 VIN numbers - one for the car computer, another for the radio and a 3rd one for the nav system. The first 2 were identical, but the 3rd was changed.

I've visited the Renault dealership today and they used their house tool ("DDT2000") to check my NAV unit configuration. My first diagnosis was correct : the SDCard from the player somehow managed to overwrite the NAV configuration (according to the multimedia dept, this is technicaly not possible...). So in a few mouse clicks, he switched from the Megane configuration :
    - wrong VIN (though this is not critical if the VIN number is not correct as long as the unit has been initialized once)
    - Radio2 configuration
    - no wired remote
    - no temp display
    - no radio display

back to the original Koleos configuration :
    - correct VIN
    - Radio1
    - wired remote
    - temp and radio display.

A reboot and everything is working fine as before.
    Thanks for the assist.

Great, that is what I wanted to suggest to you - either clip or ddt2000. but Dealership never uses ddt2000. They are not allowed. Anyway since you resolved it, looks good