Version 2.x. Edit Route to Track not possible anymore — TomTom Community

Version 2.x. Edit Route to Track not possible anymore

In the previous versions (1.x) when you start a track but your actual position is not on the track. TT Go calculate a route to the track.

If you didn't like the course of the route to the track, it was very easy to change the routing type (open menu --> current route --> change routingtype).
In the current version, there is no option "Current Route" anymore.
Therefore in the current version (2.x), first you must change the routing type in the standard settings and then start the track. If you don't like the route to the track you must change the standard setting again en restart the track.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    Hi @Dutch-Rider

I can see the option Current track option under the main menu, see the attachment. Can you tell me the app version installed on your phone along with the phone model and Android version installed on it?
    62xnlrkuk8fi.jpg
    Regards, lampard
  • Dutch-RiderDutch-Rider Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Not Current Track.
    It is the option "Current Route". It was available in the older version (1.8) (Android)

I can not make a screenshot anymore because version 2.3 is installed.

Example:
    I am in Amsterdam. I select a track in Tomtom Go which has a starting point in Utrecht. To get there, TomTom calculates a route from Amsterdam to Utrecht. This part is easy to understand.

From version 2.x this route seems to be automatically integrated in the track i have selected (the one which starts in Utrecht). Therefore when you open the menu, you will see indeed the option "Current Track".

In the previous version (1.8 and earlier). The route from Amsterdam to Utrecht stays separated from the track. As long as I'm driving to the starting point, i will see the option "Current Route" in the menu. Once I've reached the starting point. The route ends and the track begins. On that moment. The option "Current Route" disappears in favour of the option "Current Track"

Under "Current Track" are no options to change the course of the route. They are only available under "Current Route".
    Those options I love to use in older versions. Because i can on the fly change the setting from Fastest Route to Shortest Route or Curvy Roads.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    Thanks, @Dutch-Rider for the detailed explanation! I understand now and following up with my team. Keep you posted on this.

Regards, lampard
  • MarcoGoMarcoGo Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I noticed the same, it would be real nice if this could be rectified.