Live traffic service not available — TomTom Community

Live traffic service not available

Good day, i have a GO5000, S/N QRxxxxKxxxxx with lifetime map updates Traffic and speed cameras, I have had it a couple of months and it now tells me the traffic as service not available Do I have to register or something ?

Mod edit: Personal information edited!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    Hi @Americosil

If Traffic is lifetime then hopefully @lampard or @VikramK will pick this up on Monday and check the settings for your Unit on the TT servers. Look back then to see what is said.

Re Cameras I think this requires you to purchase a Camera Subscription. They can advise re this at the same time.

Doug
  • AmericosilAmericosil Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi thanks Doug. I'll wait for monday and see what happens. I lived in South Africa for a couple of years and never had a problem. Now in Portugal and says traffic service not available. I've checked all settings on unit and everything is active.

Americo
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,593
    Superuser
    Hi @Americosil

If you bought the unit in South Africa then it would only have Traffic for that region but not for other regions around the world. Ie If you bought a unit in Europe traffic would not work if you were in South Africa. If you have now moved to Europe you could try contacting Customer Support and see if they will change the Units settings to Europe and with it facilitate traffic.

Doug